Wednesday, July 23, 2014

That Part of It

This is just the hard part of it. The rebuilding part of it. The “learning to let go” part of it. The “ridding myself of nasty habits” part of it... This is just the shitty part of it. And it's the part I usually run from. The anxiety, the loneliness, the reality. This is when I usually say I'm going to grow but instead become paralyzed by my fear and excuses. This is when I usually hide away in fantasies of a world where everything is exactly how I want it to be. And it's gotten me exactly where I've always been - lost in the cycle.

This time, I'm going to do it differently. No running or excuses. Just feeling how I feel and allowing myself to grow through the fear rather than give in to it. This time I'm going to lean in to the shitty days rather than run from it. Because after the hard part of it comes the best part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment